Freelancer vs Web Development Company – What’s best for you?
Web development company In today’s booming internet market, many respectable companies have invested a substantial amount of money into web site design and web development company in hopes of creating a good online presence; often leading to disappointment, frustration and a loss of confidence in web design companies in general.There are so many web design companies and freelancers claiming to be able to provide you with the best solution for your online venture that it is hard for a company to decide who to hire. Here are a few guidelines to help you in your selection process and to help you recognize the differences between hiring a freelance designer and a reputable web development company.
- Tend to be less expensive than professional firms offering development services because they are only one person and they don’t have the overhead running costs to worry about.
- Are not bound to any specific guidelines or customer satisfaction policies.
- Do not have the knowledge and experience that comes into play when you work with a team of developers with years of experience in multiple fields.
- Limited to the design and imagination of one person.
- Solutions are often outdated forcing the company to redo their website within the next year or two costing the client more in the long run.
- No guarantee that the person will not disappear with your money after starting the project (which is so often heard about when companies hire freelancers).
- Do not offer Search engine optimization, meaning that your site will never rank in the search engines and will not be found by potential clients.
Web Development Company
- A reputable vendor will offer you some sort of customer satisfaction guarantee.
- You will benefit from the expertise and resources of a team of designers and developers.
- Professional firms tend to have more knowledge of the current web trends and programming languages and are therefore more adept at providing you with an up to date web solution.
- Can offer you complete solutions including web consulting, hosting packages, search engine optimization, special ecommerce solutions, and any other specific needs you may have for your website preventing you from having to search for multiple independent individuals in order to complete one project. A firm has the advantage of being able to propose you a complete web solutions package including all the project management.
- Have an office location where you can meet to discuss your project and viable solutions.
- Any good development firm will have staff specializing in search engine optimization enabling them to rank your site well on the internet and bring more customers to your website, therefore fulfilling your goal in marketing your business online.